Cape Town boasts an extraordinary number of benefits in terms of tourism and site seeing and we have summarised the top 10 reasons for you to visit Cape Town for your next vacation.
- The exchange rate: Obvious, but important! South Africa and Cape Town in particular require little selling when it comes to tourism, as the landscape and city life speaks for itself. Now with the deteriorating rand, foreigners can really stretch their money in terms of tourism and experiencing Cape Town in it’s entirety at affordable rates. If this isn’t already appealing, here’s a few more reasons to help you along:)
- Table Mountain: This iconic landmark is world famous and is on top of every traveler’s bucket list. This majestic specimen is glorious from every angle and dominates the Mother City with it’s shear presence. The cable car to the top is simply breath taking and incredibly affordable. Do NOT leave Cape Town without investing in a visit!
- Wine, wine and more wine: Cape Town boasts a vast selection of award winning wine farms. If you enjoy the odd glass or bottle in some “cases”, be sure to explore the Cape Winelands with an exclusive tour guide. We guarantee there will be something you will enjoy!
- Diversity: The city offers tourists a diversity unique to any other. Truly a beautiful balance, but not without it’s faults, South Africa has a dramatic history and for most visitors, the township tours are really an eye opener and a life changing experience. A must see for every tourist.
- Robben Island: Touching on South Africa’s history once again, Robben Island shares the tail of the globally respected Nelson Mandela. Experience the island for it’s beauty and it’s history, including a tour of the prison and Madiba’s jail cell where he spent 27 years during apartheid.
- Beaches: Cape Town is world renowned for it’s Blue Flag beaches and crystal clear ocean water. From the penguins at Boulders Beach, to the never ending stretch of white sand at Long Beach, the beaches are well worth a visit.
- V&A Waterfront: This is something that all tourists have to experience in the night and in the day. The harbour boasts sensational pub life, world class cuisine, the Springbok Museum, ferris wheel of excellence, buskers and various pop up international exhibits.
- Outdoor adventures: Within the city and along it’s outskirts, the Cape offers the active tourist a wide selection of some of the world’s most beautiful trails, suitable for hiking, running and mountain biking. These include coastal, city, forest and winelands trails, all unique in their own way. If you’re active, this is the perfect opportunity for a tranquil trail ride, hike or run!
- Views: Yes, simply taking the time to absorb the breathtaking views within Cape Town will keep you entertained for hours. Signal Hill, Table Mountain, Chapman’s Peak, Cape Winelands and many more iconic viewing spots will give a taste of Cape Town from every angle.
- Food: Oh my word! We left this for last because it really is something all “Capetonians” are proud of. Even if you have lived in Cape Town for 10 years, you would only have scraped the service in terms of the local restaurants and markets available. Renowned for bold flavours and the best steaks and seafood the world has to offer, you will be lost for words. More importantly, let your waiter/waitress pair together the perfect wine for your meal and enjoy your sitting that much more.
We could write 20 reason’s, but we are sure that by this point you will be well convinced to visit this extraordinary city. We hope to see you soon!
|Cape Town Excursions,Cape Town Tours, Cape Town Tours and Excusions, Day trips in Cape Town, Safari tours in Cape Town, Shark cage diving tour in Cape Town, Spice Route Tours in Stellenbosch, Sports tours in Cape Town,West Coast Tours, Wild life tours in Cape Town,Wine Route Tours in Cape Town, Wine Route Tours in Franschhoek,Wine route tours in Paarl, Wine route tours in Stellenbosch, Wine Tours in Cape Town,Wine tours in the Western Cape